66 Monroe Ave.
Park Avenue sophistication with a Downtown Memphis address
With its location on Monroe Avenue at Front Street, The Shrine puts residents right at the heart of Downtown. In one direction is Main Street with its variety of restaurants and businesses, and in the other is the University of Memphis law school and the glistening Mississippi River. Speaking of the river, the sunset views across the Mississippi are a daily highlight for Downtown residents, and The Shrine’s rooftop deck places you atop the Downtown Memphis world.
The Shrine building was constructed in 1923 to serve as the Al Chymia Shrine headquarters. It was converted to apartments in 1981 and again converted to condominiums in 2005. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 for its architectural significance during the period of 1900 to 1924, including Neoclassical features combined with Art Deco style.
The Shrine features a variety of one- and two-bedroom units with floor plans ranging from 800 square feet up to 1,500 and larger.
- Maple floors in living, dining and kitchen areas
- Maple cabinetry
- Stainless steel appliances
- Berber carpeting in bedrooms and flex rooms
- Roof deck featuring gas grills and Mississippi River views
- Indoor space featuring junior Olympic pool, sauna and cardio machines
- Parking available in nearby garage